Acuity, an easy and user-friendly scheduler, will be used to book your coaching calls. With a customized scheduling page, you can easily view your coach’s real-time availability and self-schedule appointments.
- Seven (7) sessions will be scheduled at the start – this includes an extra session should it be needed.
- You will receive a link to schedule coaching sessions via email. If you do not receive this link, please check your spam or junk mail folders. For additional help, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the link provided and set your time zone.
- On the next screen, select the first date you would like to set a meeting. Select the time. Click “add a time” until you have scheduled all seven sessions. If you would like to set all of your appointments for the same day/time, you can select “recurring.” It will show you if any of your recurring times conflict with your instructor’s schedule and you can remove that appointment and add one at a different time. Click “Continue.”
- Complete the information on this page and click “Complete Appointment.”
- Once an appointment is confirmed, you will immediately receive an email confirmation from WU GMS.
- Open this email and click the button to add appointments to your calendar.
- If you have an Acuity account, you may login here.
You and the coach will meet via Zoom, a HIPAA-compliant Web meeting platform. A Zoom link to your coaching session will be sent to you via email.
A Box account is required to participate in the coaching program. You and your coach will use this secure service to share files. You will receive an email that provides a folder “Share” link. The folder will be named “Coaching_<Client’s Last Name, Client’s First Name>”.
- If you have an account, please log in at
- To register for an account, please complete the following steps:
- Go to
- Select the “Individual Plans” tab on the far left side.
- Click the blue “Sign Up” button under the Individual Free account option.
- Enter your full name, the email address to which the invitation was sent, and a password of your choosing.
- Click the “I’m not a robot” box and the blue “Submit” button.
- Upon receipt of a follow-up email, click the blue “Verify Email” button to start using Box.
- Table of Coaching Assignments
- Assigned worksheets and readings
- Assessment results
- Supplemental materials
Before each coaching call, the client will complete one or more worksheet, reading or video assignments. Assignments must be completed at least 24 hours prior to scheduled calls to enable the coach time to review materials before coaching. If assignments are not completed 24 hours prior to a coaching call, that call will be cancelled. If a call is cancelled or missed, the client will need to present the coach with an acceptable written plan to avoid missing future deadlines or appointments before the call will be rescheduled.
Six (6) coaching calls will be held by web conference technology (e.g., Zoom) or telephone. Each call will last about an hour. The client will be permitted one make-up session. If a call is cancelled or missed, the client will need to present the coach with an acceptable written plan to avoid missing future deadlines or appointments before the call will be rescheduled. For each additional cancelled or missed call, the client will be required to pay a $150 charge before the call is rescheduled.
Confidentiality/Communication with Institutions Survey
As part of the registration process, the client completed an online survey describing the confidentiality protections the Coaching Program offers the client and expectations of the client, and soliciting information on the client’s choices regarding communication with his/her institution. A copy of the survey is here. With written client permission, the program will share three things:
- Confirmation of Enrollment
- Professional Development Plan (PDP)
- Itemized Certificate of Completion
Curricular materials are for the use of the client during and following participation in the program. They are copyrighted and proprietary and are not to be distributed.
To receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program, the client must meet four key expectations:
- Complete all assignments.
- Actively participate in coaching calls.
- Be forthright about your situation and needs.
- Honor deadlines and appointments.
To create a safe environment for sharing, to the fullest extent of law, the program will protect client data. We do the following to protect confidentiality:
- Use a HIPAA-compliant version of Zoom
- Prohibit anyone other than the client and coach from being on the calls, unless with permission in special circumstances
- Prohibit audio or video recording of calls by clients or program coaches
- Require clients and program coaches to sign a confidentiality agreement
- De-identify assessment data to be used for quality improvement efforts
- Send no information to third parties without client permission (as permitted by law)
- Send a detailed certificate of completion to any party at the request of the client. Receiving a certificate of completion means that the client satisfactorily completed all program requirements including: pre- and post-assessments, readings, assignments and worksheets, attendance at all coaching calls, and active participation in coaching calls. Beyond providing a certificate of completion, the program does not share evaluations of clients.
We do not provide refunds once the client has begun assessments.
Termination of Coaching Relationship
The coaching relationship may be terminated if the client fails to complete assignments, “show up” for scheduled calls, participate forthrightly, or engage in appropriate professional development activities.